Thursday, September 24, 2009

It took getting FAT to heal.

In my opinion it took getting FAT for 10 years to truly heal my broken soul. That and I fell in LOVE 10 years ago. He has stuck by me through thick and thin and I Love him for it.
I was thin for the first 20 years of my life so I know what it feels like inside to be a skinny person. By the way, ( it is also lonely ) anyway, I knew how strong physically I felt but mentally I had the brain of a teenager. My brain stayed that way until...well I started reading about this competition.
I had a friend of mine go through it and for 9 months I watched read and possibly/ maybe helped her find herself in the end. I cant help but to think she is now doing the same for me. Even if she's not, she is somehow.
It took becoming Fat and living through the day to day of it all, that finely go me to see...YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE. I now think of myself as skinny...my body hasn't caught up YET
but my brain tells me...yes you are, yes you can and yes Kelli, you will do this!

3 comments:

  1. You know, I have that same issue. I think that is why I have had such a hard time loosing weight for 12 years. I don't see myself as fat. In my head I'm still this thin attractive person, then I see a picture of me and freak out. Is that really me? You'd think I don't own a mirror. I think I have finally faced the reality so now I can deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy: For me, I saw one picture of myself that I thought I would look good in and when it didn't, I freaked. I also saw myself on t.v. for a brief second or two dancing and it took me two years from then to really get it in my head that I need to loose the weight. That mirror thing was just like me now I look at it and tell myself out loud, "I Love you" sound strange but after awhile of doing that I actually started to believe myself. Now its just a smile or a wink I give myself every time I pass a mirror. I don't personally think anyone is unattractive. Its all what the person inside believes about themselves that really counts in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete