Tuesday, September 15, 2009

For 12 bucks yesterday I bought myself a brand new dress from Marshall's. Lets just call that a splurge...for me, that is a lot to spend. I love the dress, it feels good to the touch, it is light weight...I can use it in so many other aspects in my life. It was a good find. One of the many things I have been learning while working this program is that by loving myself I am loving everyone else too. You have got to take care of #1 first before anything else. #1 can be a higher power or just yourself...right now, I am still caught in the middle of that. GOD or Myself. If God equals Love then Loving myself = God. Does that make any scents? It makes perfect scents to me. And while I get to know "Jehovah" through my study's I also get to know myself a little more each day.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new dress. I'm thrilled that you are learning to love you and God!
    Just wanted to let you know that Melissa is an amazing support but isn't able to post on your blog because of the way you have your comments set up. She LOVES commenting though so if you would like comments from her, go into your layout and switch your comments to anything but the one it's already on!! (I'm letting everyone with this type of comment window know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving yourself is SO important and loving God as well. I know for me before I had a relationship with God I was lost. I’m really not sure how I survived without the love of God in my life. I know a big part of my success in this process is going to be strengthening myself in the Lord. A scripture I’ve pulled out and have been posting on everything in sight is: Philippians 4:13 NIV "I can do everything through him who gives me strength"
    And another favorite that works anytime is:
    Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.12.Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

    God is good all of the time and he's filled with a never ending, unconditional love. So seek him and you will find him.
    Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that I didn't have a relationship with God...I didn't think he was real. Kinda like Santa Clause. It wasn't until I went to a place of worshop that I started to believe. That was 15 years ago when I found LDS...I then struggled for 15 more years until I was introduced to..."God."
    I am going to leave out the denomination I am currently studying for now but I welcome you talking to me about God and everything you have learned about him. I would also like to follow your blog but am unsure how to do so. I will look those scriptures up and read them once more. Thank you for your insight and I look forward to future talks or emails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind, I think I figured it out! :) The email situation.

    ReplyDelete